Concrete is a useful building material in Minecraft. It’s smooth and durable like stone, but can be colored like wool using dyes. You can build colorful buildings and more with concrete.
Crafting concrete is a two-step process. First, you craft concrete powder in the color that you desire, and then you utilize water to harden the concrete powder into strong, durable concrete blocks. Here’s how it works.
Step-by-step guide to make concrete in Minecraft
- Collect the necessary ingredients to craft concrete powder. This includes 4 blocks of sand, 4 blocks of gravel, and the color dye of your choice.
- Put all of the ingredients onto your crafting table. The dye goes in the upper-left corner. Then from left to right and up to down, place the 4 sand and then the 4 gravel. See below for how they should be placed.
- Click and drag the resulting 8 blocks of concrete powder from the crafting table to your inventory.
- At this point, you have concrete powder and not hardened concrete. To turn the powder into concrete, you need to bring it into contact with water.
- Place each concrete powder block into, or next to a flowing water block. This can be a waterfall, small pond, ocean, or a simple 2×2 water pool that you create.
- The concrete powder hardens and becomes a concrete block.
- Mine the concrete with a pickaxe to add it to your inventory.
Colors of Concrete
The color of your concrete (or concrete powder) is determined by the which type of dye you use when crafting the powder. Here are the available colors of concrete in Minecraft:
- Light Blue
- Light Gray